Korean Language Courses
Type of the visas
Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate course at a university or attending a Korean language course for more than 6 months will receive a visa provided by the university.
- Undergraduate Course students : D2-1 or D2-2
- Korean language Course students : D4
- Short program students : C3 or B1
Extension of Visa
- During the period of study, the visa of international students can be extended according to the registration period. The language training visa can be extended in increments of 3 or 6 months, and the extension is done online at the Office of International Affairs.
- In the Korean language course, if the attendance rate of the previous semester is less than 70%, the student cannot extend the visa online at the university, but must visit the immigration office to extend it.
- The only necessary procedures for visa extension are payment of tuition and visa fees. Other documents are issued and submitted by the Office of International Affairs.
Part-time work permit
- Students enrolled in the Korean language course can work part-time around the university with permission from the Immigration Office if their enrollment period exceeds 6 months.
- Work hours : 25 hours per week if you have passed TOPIK Level 2 / 10 hours per week if you do not pass TOPIK Level 2
- Requirement : The average attendance rate must be 90% or higher during the school year